Pregnancy acne: What causes and how to treat it safely?
Last Updated on March 2, 2023 by Ahmad Shahzad
Acne is the most visible consequence of the hormonal imbalance and the over-activation of the oil-producing glands. However, when it comes to pregnancy, it is already an ocean of the signs and symptoms that are making the tenure painful. One of them is acne which may be due to a sum of many factors. Read in this write-up about acne and how you would be able to control it. Learn some methods along with the background knowledge of the signs of pregnancy acne.
Overview of pregnancy acne
Before ming forward with the aspects of pregnancy acne, it would be great to have some background knowledge and information on the topic. In this case, these are some of the features that you need to know. Read the following factors that would make you aware about the issues of pregnancy acne.
- The later signs of pregnancy include a high amount of acne, which is commonly seen in the womens’ third trimester.
- Although this begins in the first trimester, the hormonal levels begin to rise and reach the limit that they can no longer be tolerated by the system and start in the later ones.
- It happens mostly in the people or women who have a history of acne running in their families.
- If any woman has a history or routine of developing acne throughout the menstrual cycle, then the chances of acne multiply.
- Also, if you have no in the first three months of your pregnancy, then there are chances of developing a large number of acne signs in the later tri-semester months.
- There are a number of methods to get rid of this issue. Some methods are medical while others are based on the practises that form a part of the home remedies.
Home remedies for pregnancy acne
Using any sort of medication that comes out of the prescription that has been given to you may be harmful and may affect the birth of your foetus. Thus, here are some treatments that you may find useful in combating the signs of acne.
- If you are sweating, then you must not wash your face more than two times. This is to avoid the flow of excess oils from the oil glands that are already activated to dye to the hormonal levels’ rise.
- The facewash you use for your face must be free of chemicals and abrasive agents. Any sort of wrong chemicals may worsen the issue of acne or any other issue.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your face and apply a moisturiser that goes well with your skin. Make sure that you have selected the right products for you, after the consultation of the experts.
- The use of cleansers must be avoided at any cost. One thing that you need is to know the entire chemical composition of the face wash that you are going to use against acne.
- There must be no contact of the face and hands as it may initiate the functioning of the bacteria that might have been washed off from the hands but now have interacted with the face.
Medical treatments for pregnancy acne
Now, we will see the medical treatments that you may use for getting rid of pregnancy acne as per the instructions of the doctors and experts. Here are some medical treatments that you may use for the elimination of pregnancy acne. Read the best medical ways to fight off acne.
- There are some therapies like hormone therapy that works on the female hormones such as estrogen and progesterone.
- Doxycycline, Minocycline, and tetracycline are the antibiotics that the doctor may suggest to the patients undergoing the painful time of pregnancy.
- With the use of topical retinoids, it is possible to take the signs of pregnancy acne away.
However, the main thing to know is that it is not good to take any medication that has not been advised by the doctor. Also, remember that you must not take the overdose of the medication that has been prescribed by the doctor.
Tips for preventing pregnancy acne
Pregnancy is a beautiful journey, but it comes with its own set of challenges. One of the most common problems faced by expectant mothers is acne. Pregnancy acne is caused by a number of factors, including hormonal imbalances, increased sebum production, and bacteria. While it may be impossible to completely prevent pregnancy acne, there are some steps you can take to minimize its severity.
Maintain good hygiene
Keeping your skin clean is one of the most important steps in preventing acne. Wash your face twice a day with a gentle, non-abrasive cleanser. Avoid using hot water as it can strip your skin of its natural oils, leading to more acne. If you sweat excessively, try to shower as soon as possible to prevent the buildup of bacteria on your skin.
Choose the right products
When choosing skincare products, look for ones that are specifically designed for acne-prone skin. Avoid using products that contain harsh chemicals or fragrances as they can irritate your skin and make acne worse. Use products that contain salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide as they are effective in preventing acne.
Maintain a healthy diet
Eating a healthy, balanced diet is essential for maintaining healthy skin. Try to avoid foods that are high in sugar and fat as they can increase inflammation and lead to more acne. Instead, focus on foods that are rich in antioxidants, such as fruits and vegetables.
Consult your doctor
If you are struggling with pregnancy acne, consult your doctor. They can recommend safe and effective treatments, such as topical creams or antibiotics. Avoid using over-the-counter acne treatments without consulting your doctor as they may contain harmful ingredients that can harm your baby.
In conclusion, pregnancy acne is a common problem that many expectant mothers face. However, by following these tips, you can minimize its severity and keep your skin healthy and glowing throughout your pregnancy. Remember to consult your doctor before using any new skincare products or treatments.
Pregnancy is one of the most joyful as well as toughest times for parents, especially the female. She has to undergo a number of things out of which one is acne. To avoid acne is totally impossible but with the help of proper knowledge and background information, it would be possible to do so. This has been the aim of this write-up. If you have gone through this write-up, then it would be possible to fight or resolve this issue of acne.
The best treatment for acne lies with the best team of gynaecologists who have a lot of work experience. Consult the experts who can help you in dealing with these signs without any complications or hardships. Also, you would be able to combat the other painful signs.
Read More: Problem Skin: Basic Rules and Remedies