Are you having trouble hearing anything on your iPhone? There is nothing more frustrating than your speaker not working. Many factors can cause your audio to fail more often than you think.
You are at a loss for words if you don’t know how to fix it. Luckily, there are many ways to troubleshoot your speaker issue so you can get back to listening to music or podcasts in no time!
10 Tips to solve iPhone sound problems
The experts in the cell phone repair store Beddington BLVD NW experts offer the following tips to repair your iPhone speakers at home.
Switch to mono audio
To switch to mono audio, go to Settings > Sounds and Mono Audio. This will turn off the stereo audio and switch to mono audio. It is important to check that mono audio is turned on before you try the next step so that you don’t waste time troubleshooting something that works without changing anything.
Turn off the Bluetooth
A conflicting setting is the most common cause of a device not pairing with your iPhone.
To turn off Bluetooth:
Open “Settings” on your iPhone.
Scroll down and select “Bluetooth” under “Connections.” Make sure that this option is toggled off (grey).
Try the other speaker.
If your speaker works on one side but not the other, it’s likely hardware. Try using the speaker on another device. If it works and is not on your phone, you know it’s not a software issue. You’ll have to bring it to the Cell N Tech repair store or contact customer support.
You may need a replacement if the speaker doesn’t work on any other device.
Check the Ring silent switch.
The Ring Silent switch is located on the upper left side of your iPhone. When activated, it will silence all incoming calls and notifications to your phone. To turn on or off the Ring silent switch:
- Hold down the volume-up button until you hear a beep.
- If your iPhone speaker is not working, make sure that this feature isn’t activated by holding down the volume-up button for a few seconds.
- Once you’ve checked everything’s clear with your Ring Silent switch, move on to our next step!
Turn off the Do not disturb mode.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap Do Not Disturb to open its settings screen, which contains a lot of information about what this feature does and how you can use it to your advantage.
- Toggle the switch next to When Active In Background to OFF (white).
Try your headphones
If you have headphones, try using them. If that works and your speaker doesn’t, it’s likely one of the other possible issues in this article.
If that doesn’t work, try using another pair of headphones and see if they work fine. If other devices are fine, but your headphones aren’t working correctly, then it’s likely a fault with the phone or its software which can fix by restarting your device.
Clean the device’s speaker
If you are experiencing problems with the speaker on your device, there are several things that you can do to troubleshoot the issue.
- First, clean the device speaker with a soft cloth. If this doesn’t work and you’re still experiencing problems with your speakers, try cleaning them with a damp cloth.
- Make sure not to use any cleaning products or abrasive materials on the speaker, as these can damage the equipment.
- Instead of using a dry cloth or an abrasive material such as steel wool, you can use something like toothpicks or pins if needed.
Check your volume settings.
You can check if the issue is due to an incorrect setting. To do so:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone and select Sounds & Haptics or Volume & Brightness.
- Ensure that the Mute option is not selected.
- In addition, check if you have set the volume limit at its maximum level since it could also prevent sound from playing from your speaker.
Update your phone software
If your iPhone speaker is not working, you should first update the software on your phone.
Apple makes software updates available from time to time, fixing bugs and adding new features. You can update your phone repair software through the settings app or by connecting it to a computer.
Restart your iPhone
If your iPhone speaker is still not working and you’re not getting any sound out of it, try restarting the device. To do this:
- Turn off your iPhone by pressing and holding the sleep/wake button on its top until “slide to power off” appears, then swipe right to turn it back on.
- Please wait at least 10 seconds before using it again. This gives time for any updates to finish installing and some time for a software update to install if needed.
Hopefully, the above solutions have helped you with your iPhone speaker problem. If not, please consult the authentic repair stores.
How do I screen record with sound on an iPhone?
Adding audio is as easy as opening the Control Center, holding down the screen record icon and tapping the Microphone icon until it appears.
Apart from this, if you want to know about: Basic Cell Phone Repair Principals at Madison Phone Repair And Accessories Store then please visit our Tech category