Is your Netgear AC1750 router blinking red light? If yes, then don’t panic, we have got your back. Here, in this article, we have emphasized some of the most effective troubleshooting techniques that will definitely help you to get rid of the Netgear router red light issue. Without wasting any more time, just browse to the below section:
Here are some possible reasons behind the outcome of the Netgear router red light issue.
- Loose internet connection
- Unstable power supply
- Outdated Netgear router firmware
- Incomplete Netgear router setup
Fixed: Netgear Router Red Light Issue
Reboot Your Netgear Router
Before executing any other troubleshooting hack, we suggest you reboot your Netgear router as it will eliminate minor bugs that might be one of the reasons behind the outcome of the Netgear router red light issue. It’s a simple process but still, some netizens find it hard. Therefore, to make things simple for them, here we have listed simple steps to reboot your Netgear router.
- Disconnect your WiFi-enabled device from your Netgear router and turn it off.
- Then, unplug it from the power source and set it aside for a while.
- Thereafter, turn on your Netgear AC1750 router after connecting it again to the power source.
- Now, re-connect your WiFi-enabled device to your router to access internet services.
- Now, determine whether the Netgear AC1750 router blinking red light issue has been resolved or not. If not, then head further to get knowledge to troubleshoot the Netgear router red light issue.
Verify Your Internet Connection
Assure that your Netgear AC1750 router is getting a stable internet connection to work smoothly. While using a cable connection, always make sure that the Ethernet cable must be in working condition and doesn’t have any cuts. If you identified any damage to the Ethernet cable, then swap it with the new one to avoid any connection loss issue. Additionally, if you are using a wireless connection, then ensure that your WiFi-enabled device is placed within the range of your Netgear AC1750 router to minimize any internet connection issues. For the best result, we recommend users prefer a physical connection while accessing the routerlogin.net page.
Check the Power Source
You are required to inspect the power socket through which your Netgear AC1750 router is connected. Any damage or short-circuit in the power socket can cause a power outage and result in Netgear AC1750 router red light issue. Therefore, switch to another power socket if you find any damage to it. Moreover, don’t forget to check the condition of the AC cable as it needs to be free from any kind of damage for working efficiently.
Upgrade Netgear Router Firmware
Using an old version of the Netgear AC1750 router can result in the occurrence of a Netgear red light issue which might be fixed by upgrading the firmware of your Netgear router. However, many users aren’t aware of the process to upgrade the firmware of their Netgear AC1750 router. If you are also the one who doesn’t have any technical knowledge to update the firmware of your Netgear router, then, follow the below-listed steps to upgrade your Netgear router firmware without any hassle.
- Power on your Netgear AC1750 router as well as your computer system
- On your computer system, access an updated version of the web browser.
- Type routerlogin.net into the address bar and hit the Enter button.
- After that, you’ll be taken to the Netgear Nighthawk router login page, where you need to enter the default username and password in the appropriate fields.
- Click Log In, once you’ve entered all of your credentials.
- Then, the Netgear AC1750 router setup wizard will appear on your screen.
- Thereafter, you are required to browse to the Advanced tab and then select Firmware Update from the Administration section of the Advanced tab.
- After that, click the Check button to see if there are any new Netgear AC1750 router firmware updates.
- If new updates for Netgear router firmware is available, click Yes to begin the update process.
- Then, to upgrade your Netgear AC1750 router firmware to the most recent version, follow the on-screen instructions
- Finally, your Netgear AC1750 router firmware is updated to the most recent version.
- Now, check whether the Netgear AC1750 red light issue you are currently experiencing is fixed or not. If not, then implement the below-mentioned technique to get the best result.
Reset and Re-configure Netgear Router
Resetting your Netgear AC1750 router is required when none other than the above-mentioned methods works for you. Therefore, reset your Netgear AC1750 router to its default factory settings and re-configure it from scratch to fix the Netgear router red light issue.
- Seek for the Reset button located on your Netgear AC1750 router.
- Then, press and hold the button with a pin-pointed object until the LED begins to blink.
- Then, your router will restart and will be restored to the default factory settings.
- Now, you need to re-configure your Netgear router using the default 192.168.1.1 IP address or the default URL.
Hopefully, by implementing the above-mentioned troubleshooting techniques, you’ll be able to resolve the Netgear router red light issue. After that, log in to your Netgear router and access Internet services throughout your home without any difficulty.
Read More: Can I Buy Netgear EX2700 Extender?