Math is a subject that requires appropriate guidance and attention. This guidance and attention requirement are different for different students. Students who find math a bit tricky or difficult might need to hire a math tutor, while some can easily do their math with the guidance they get from school.
Students who previously had struggled to do math and could not maintain consistency in their practice required a personal math tutor.
Does that mean with the guidance of the math tutor your excellence in math will be guaranteed? The answer is No. You too are required to put in some effort and follow the directions of your tutor.
In this section, we are exactly going to understand what else is required to do by a student after hiring a math tutor. We will also discuss what essential requirements must be present to be a math tutor.
Before that, let us discuss GCF in math.
Do you Know What a Factor is?
A factor is a number that when multiplied by another number to get the resultant number. These numbers which come as a result of it are known as the factors. Mostly, the numbers can be factored into various combinations of other numbers.
Now, What is the Greatest Common Factor?
The largest number which forms the factor of two or more numbers is known as the Greatest Common Factor. This is when divided gives the result as the Natural Number. After all the factors are estimated then we find the common factors. The greatest number which is found is called the greatest common factor or GCF.
GCF is also known as the HCF.
If we are required to find out the GCF, then first we have to list down the prime factors of each of the numbers. If there are no common prime factors then the GCF or HCF is 1.
Let us find out the GCF for 18 and 24
The prime factors for 18 and 24 will be 2, 3, 3 and 2, 2, 2, and 3 respectively.
Thus you see there are two factors in common is 2 and 3 and 2X3 is 6
These are the 15 essential skills that are required to be present in a math tutor. Let us check the list below:
- Linear Algebra
- Subject Areas
- Lesson Plans
- Differential Equations
- Small Groups
- Academic Support
- Student Records
After hiring a math tutor, students think it will automatically increase their math marks, this is one of the common mistakes which students do. But instead, the students should understand that a math tutor can only guide them to attain success in the examination, but attaining success is the task of the student itself. Thus, the student is required to make sure of the following:
- The student must religiously follow the guidance of the math tutor.
- The student should keep their work updated with the math tutor.
- The student must practice the sums already done with the math tutor.
- The students must communicate their weaknesses to their math tutor.
- They should not fear getting judged and thus face all the difficulties and complexities of the question.
- They are required to tell the math tutor what is going on in their class.
- The student should practice mental math in their spare time.
- The students must understand that they are solely responsible for their good grades.
- They should communicate to their parents if they are facing any problems with the math tutor.
Thus students must understand what their responsibilities are and also search for the math tutors who have those 15 essential mathematical skills.
We also have discussed this briefly GCF, if you want to know more you can visit Cuemath.