We are all aware of QR codes these days. These short code sequences are often found on advertisements and billboards. The link to websites or give directions. Today there are QR code scanners for nearly every phone that allows us to scan them easily.
What is a QR code?
A QR Code (short for Quick Response code) is a 2D barcode that can hold about 700 characters. It is mainly used in the mobile industry, especially for mobile commerce, advertising and marketing, event promotion, loyalty program management, and education. Most smartphones with a camera can read and understand QR codes.
QR Code Scanner can be scanned by mobile devices, such as cellphones, smartphones, tablets, and even PCs. The technology allows users to quickly jump to links, add items to a shopping cart, or access an application.
What is a QR Code Scanner or a QR code reader?
The QR Code Scanner, which stands for Quick Response, is a device that allows people to scan and instantly access any type of content in the form of a QR code, using a camera or mobile phone. This form of digital marketing is increasingly being used in advertising and promotions for many different types of products and services, including clothing, grocery stores, and fast-food restaurants, among others.
How to use a QR scanner?
A QR Code is a Picture that consists of Black and white parts. These black-and-white codes (or sometimes color ones) can be used to link directly to an e-commerce website. They work the same way as barcodes on your products, except they are bigger, usually display more information, and are often interactive.
How to scan a QR code?
The following are the steps followed to scan a QR code by a QR Code Scanner :
- Scan a QR code on your phone.
- Open your camera app and point at the code.
- Tap on the code, and it’ll appear on the screen.
- Scan the code, and you’re done!
What kind of information can be stored in a QR Code?
QR codes are a convenient way to store information. QR codes can be scanned by smartphones to access information, including URLs, phone numbers, addresses, text messages, email messages, and videos. Because of the potential power of QR codes, many companies are beginning to use them to create their own websites.
What if the QR Code is not working?
There are times when QR Codes don’t work, so it’s best to double-check that you can scan the barcode in order to get more information about your product or service. The QR Code is an easy way to advertise your business or product, but if you aren’t using it properly, you may not be able to get the benefits you are looking for.
To get better results, make sure to follow some basic steps when scanning a QR code:
- Keep the barcode in view while scanning.
- Use a flat surface with a clear background.
- Make sure the barcode is scanned within a few seconds after you place the barcode on the scanner.
- Scan the barcode quickly to avoid scanning errors.
- Do not scan the barcode at too high a resolution because you may miss the barcode altogether.
- Keep the screen lighting as much as possible.
- Hold the barcode still for the best results.
- If you are having trouble reading a QR Code, move the scanner away from the barcode.
Can a QR Code be hacked?
Yes, this is true. However, if you are going to use a QR code, make sure that you don’t use one that is too simple. For example, using a QR code that has only three dots is not a good idea. Hackers are smart enough to find ways to steal your information.
Make sure that you keep your information safe by keeping it simple. There are a lot of QR codes available today, so you should use one that is unique.
What are the benefits of using QR Codes?
You can easily scan QR Codes from mobile devices. The codes are printed with your custom information so people can scan them from any distance. You can embed your URL, email, or vCard to create an interactive code. QR Codes also have the benefit of being available on most smartphones and tablets with mobile browsers.
How to create a QR code?
Simply follow the given steps to create a QR code :
- Visite the QR code Generating Tool
- Give all the important information about the Link for which you want to create a unique QR Code (To make it more Secure and Different).
- Choose the size of the Image (250×250 is highly recommended).
- Select the error correction level for the QR code which is useful for QR code Scanner later on.
- At the End click on Generate QR code Button. You can download the QR Code for their easily for further use.
Note: Use a QR Code Scanner to check whether your generated QR code is working perfectly or not.