The pandemic has put a serious workload on our routers. It is not all about streaming your favorite movies anymore. With work from home, we all have come to the realization that investing in the best wireless routers UK is crucial.
Moreover, a wireless router is an incredible smart home device that brings advanced connectivity to life. Hikvision TVI camera is a great example of a smart home device. Thus, you must pick the best one for your homes and even your workplaces. To ensure a smooth functioning of all your tasks, ranging from productivity to entertainment.
However, shopping for the best wireless routers in the UK is not as easy and quick as it might seem. There is a lot that needs to be considered. You have to consider the size of your coverage area and the number of people using the router.
If you are confused about which wireless router to invest in, we can help you out. We have compiled a brief guide for you to help you understand the buying process deeply. Let’s dig in.
Features to Look for in the Best Wireless Routers UK
As technology has advanced largely, we all know that wireless routers now have innumerable features in them. And it is common sense, that the more features you want, the more you must be willing to pay as well.
Here are some of the features that you might want to consider when buying the best router for yourself. They do make it worth every penny.
- Firstly, it is best to look for a wireless router that comes with at least 4 ethernet ports. This means that it must allow you to connect the router with different devices like your desktop, home automation hubs, and much more.
- Secondly, if you are on the lookout for a router that can manage large file transfers, then investing in a router that offers link aggregation is the best bet. Link aggregation basically offers faster throughput and ensures larger files are transferred quickly and easily, without any trouble.
- Thirdly, look for a wireless router that has at least one USB port. You might think we are investing in a “wireless” router. But, there are many wireless routers that come with a USB port or two to bring in additional functionality. You can easily plug it into a USB driver or a printer.
- Now, if you are looking for more advanced features like parental control and guest network then you must be willing to pay accordingly. They are definitely worth the cost as they bring in huge control and guaranteed security for your kids as well.
- For instance, parental control features allow you to limit your kid’s screen time. They won’t gain access to the internet all day and this is really crucial, given that our generation is largely invested in smartphones.
- Lastly, you want to check the security options. All of the best wireless routers in the UK have security options. A router that comes with WPS, helps you add devices to its security system with just a simple click.
Therefore, evaluating the security features is very important. You want to be confident about the router’s protection as you are transferring huge data through it.
Should the Budget Rule your Decision?
It is also clarified that the more features you wish for, the more you have to pay. The performance and feature pack will differ from price to price. An entry-level wireless router usually costs you between $50 to $100 or slightly more. The latest routers are easily priced between $300 to $500, as they offer advanced technology, amazing features, and security as well.
Depending on your personal preferences and what you are looking for, the prices will vary largely. However, it is completely an individual decision as to whether you wish to let the budget rule your decision or you want to avail the best.
The bottom line
Smart home devices like Hikvision TVI Camera, wireless routers, and CCTV systems have helped us in our daily lives significantly. There are innumerable options when it comes to choosing the best for your home. However, the choice comes down to what you are looking for.
Wireless routers are a necessity these days. Thus, investing in a high quality one is the best solution as it will run for the years to come.
Read More: Accounting services in the UK