Packaging is the first thing that catches the consumers’ attention. With eye-catching wrapping, you can impress your customers at first glance. The striking packaging grabs most consumers’ attention, giving you a competitive edge. Your one-time buyer will transform into a regular customer once they realize they can get the same premium quality product from any other retailer but not the packaging. If you want to boost up your sales and form an emotional bond with your customers, then incredible packaging is the ultimate way to do so. But there are two types of packaging stock packaging and Custom Packaging. Now the question arises, which one should be used? Well, buckle up as we start the debate on stock packaging vs. custom packaging: what’s the difference?
Stock Packaging vs. Custom Packaging:
In the debate, stock packaging vs. custom packaging: what’s the difference? Let’s unveil what these packaging’s are. Stock packaging is the type of wrapping that has been pre-made by the retailers. These packaging boxes are simple brown boxes without any customization. Stock packaging is usually cheap than custom packaging boxes and has a standard size, color, and style. This packaging is simple and doesn’t reflect the brand’s identity.
While on the other side of the coin, custom packaging bags are personalized packaging made as per the demand and wish of retailers. Unlike stock packaging, you can add stunning designs, exquisite color schemes, catchy taglines, and snazzy fonts that will reflect your brand’s identity. Furthermore, the size, style, shape, and material can be modified for custom boxes per the company’s demand.
Get the idea from the Custom Cigarette Boxes.
In the war stock packaging vs. custom packaging: what’s the difference? Let’s unearth the usage of both packaging boxes. When it comes to stock packaging, it is used:
- When the companies are in the pre-launch phase, testing their product, and exploring different marketing tactics, they usually opt for stock packaging to cut expenses.
- When the business is in the start-up phase, stock packaging is used to conduct the promotion and save capital since it is inexpensive.
- When there is a shortage in the production of goods, retailers need the item immediately.
- When the brand needs to give the samples to participants, stock packaging is used.
While on the other hand, custom packaging bags are used when the brand:
- Wants to make a remarkable first impression in front of customers.
- Wishes to give a sophisticated and elegant appearance to a luxury item.
- Aspires to create a positive buzz for their brand on social media.
- Wants to target the right audience and boost up your sales.
- Intends to protect their integrity and enhance customers’ experience.
Custom Packaging Vs. Stock Packaging: Which one is better?
Stock packaging is inexpensive, but you cannot make a remarkable and memorable first impression by using them. Although this type of wrapping is simple, quick, and cheap, it can’t benefit your company in a way custom packaging bags can. Custom packaging for small businesses helps you stand out in a market. All the customers will be inclined towards your brand because of the striking wrapping. Through custom packaging for small businesses, you can create a positive brand image.
Furthermore, the custom packaging boxes protect the integrity of your brand as clients can easily distinguish between the replica and the original product. Next, custom packaging bags can propel your company to new heights. So, if you are not testing marketing tools or are not in the pre-launch phase, you must go for custom packaging boxes. They are better than stock packaging. However, they are comparatively expensive but can help you rule the hearts of your valuable customers, hence boosting up your sales.
Muhammad Junaid is a Senior Analyst, Search Engine Expert, and CEO of Rank Higher. Extensive experience in SEO, Analytics, Research, and Blogging. Work for years with local and international enterprises for 7+ years. Also, represent well-known brands in the UAE.